Supply Chain Optimization Consultant based in Chicago
Districon exists for 40+ years as European supply chain consultancy company. In 2014 we founded Districon Solutions, developing customer specific solutions within the Supply Chain using modelling and optimization skills. Since mid 2017 we expanded our business to the US where we are currently based near Chicago, Illinois.
For our expanding customer base in the United States (especially in the Mid West and North East areas) we are looking for talent with an Operations Research or Mathematics background based in Chicago/Evanston.
Do you want to work in a highly growing, entrepreneurial, creative and process thinking team? Are you excited to think about how you can understand, model and optimize Supply Chain processes and support prescriptive and predictive decision making using AIMMS optimization software? Then you are the perfect candidate to strengthen our team!
Who are you?
You are looking for a job where you provide project-based (inter)-national clients support in their decision making. This is an interactive process, in which you will find out what information is needed to better manage the business and processes. You enter the dialogue to designate the actual optimize needs and design user interfaces that go beyond our clients expectations. You are technically educated, you like to work in a team, but you can also work independently on a project.
What do we ask?
- Academic Master degree or higher in Operations Research, Econometrics or Mathematics
- Customer focus and drive for results
- Curious, more practical than theoretical and can think out of the box
- Understanding of and interest in Supply Chain and logistics
- Good communication skills and representativeness
- Excellent English language skills.
- Can work independently on projects, but is as well a powerful team player who wants to work on a wide variety of projects
- Demonstrated affinity with modelling or ICT
- We are looking to expand our team with both starters and people with relevant working experience
- Living in or willingness to live in the Chicago/Evanston area in Illinois
- Willingness to travel, both for incidental trips to our office in Maarssen (Netherlands), or to US clients (mainly in the Mid West and North East)
What do we offer?
We offer you a position in our young, ambitious and enthusiastic team, within our highly-expanding company. Districon has a professional but certainly open and respectfull atmosphere. Both personal and business development is facilitated by the variety of projects you work on and the teams in which you operate. We give you the freedom to take your own responsibilities and showing initiatives is appreciated. You are in control of your career.
What will you do?
Together with colleagues, you develop your specific expertise at Districon Solutions: developing Supply Chain optimization solutions for our clients using the AIMMS optimization platform. From day one, you will be involved in customer contact because it is crucial to fully understand their business processes. You use the process understanding to develop the solutions that provide huge benefits for our clients. You develop towards a business consultant who can listen well to a customer and quickly get involved in the processes and interests of the client. You work in multiple teams, and will also contribute to other Districon consulting projects.
You will be involved in projects for our rapidly growing US client base.
When you’re interested or have specific questions, please send your Resume, short motivation letter and contact details via email to Sander van Lokven: firstname.lastname@example.org.